Security cameras in plain sight help to deter criminals from your home, but there are also advantages to hiding them. Hidden cameras help you monitor live activity and record for future reference when placed in the optimal locations. You can identify and respond to potentially hazardous situations that occur while you are away. Hidden cameras can serve as visual and audio evidence in the following situations:
- A babysitter neglecting children
- A healthcare working mistreating an elderly patient
- A visitor stealing possessions from your home
- A triggered alarm events
- An an unwelcome visitor entering the premises
Hide Cameras in Common Household Items
Strategically place cameras where they blend into natural surroundings. Hidden cameras are less likely to be discovered when disguised as common household items, such as:
- Artificial plants. Place the camera in the pot of the plant and use the leaves to conceal it.
- Leverage high places like the tops of shelving, bookcases, ceiling fans, and artwork that is hung high.
- Disguise outdoor cameras in a birdhouse. The traditional birdhouse is a good place to hide security cameras. Look for the enclosed style with just a small hole in the front allows the camera to capture videos outside and offers a level of security for vandalism at the same time.
- Entertainment centers. Position cameras inside a shelf or cabinet of a media center.
- Plush toys. Hide in a stuffed animal to keep tabs on your children and babysitters.
- Tissue boxes. Covert cameras may capture footage through a small hole cut into the side of a tissue box.
Install a Video Doorbell
Video doorbell cameras are extremely popular. They provide an extra layer of security and convenience while offering an inconspicuous design.
The top benefits of owning a doorbell camera include:
- Deterring and catching burglars via a live camera feed and receive alerts to your phone when motion is detected.
- Keeping an eye on home deliveries. Confirm when packages are delivered and prevent someone from stealing deliveries from your doorstep.
- Offer a way to communicate with visitors. Using a security mobile app, you can see, hear and talk to visitors at your front door.
When used appropriately, hidden cameras provide peace of mind to homeowners who are concerned about the safety of their family and personal belongings. When strategically placed, they can capture potential danger as it arises, so you can respond and prevent accordingly.
Contact us for a free consultation, and we’ll provide you with a customized security plan that fits your needs!