Whether you live in a small studio apartment or a five-bedroom house, security systems help protect your property and provide great peace of mind. There is a misconception though that renters cannot have their own customizable security system. However, there are many options that work with most lease restrictions. And, fortunately, there are wireless alarm options that are well suited for the needs of renters.
Before deciding on a security system, check your rental agreement for any home improvement restrictions. Once you have reviewed your agreement, you will be surprised at the many features and benefits that are available with modern security systems for renters.
Wireless Home Security
One of the first things to look for is a system that offers wireless home safety devices. With wireless security systems, you do not have to run long wires, and you won’t have to install the devices permanently on the walls or ceilings. Since you are not opening the walls or doing any significant work to the rental property to add devices to your system, this will help you avoid your lease issues.
Wide Range of Devices, Features & Benefits
A primary alarm system comes with a few components like a control panel, one or two-door contacts, and a motion sensor. If you want to expand beyond this, many different devices can be added depending on your needs. Here are some of the more popular options:
- Smart Locks: Smart locks can be installed to provide you with a range of access control solutions.
- Fire Protection: Devices like smoke detectors and heat sensors can be installed to protect your belongings from fire and alert you no matter where you are via your smartphone.
- Flood Protection: Flood alarm sensors can detect flood conditions to send an alert when an area of the home leaks and starts to flood.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Carbon monoxide detectors can protect you and your family when dangerous levels of CO are detected.
- Smart Security Cameras: You can also monitor these cameras from your smartphone, providing you peace of mind no matter where you are.
- Smart Thermostat: A smart thermostat can integrate into the system to save you money on your utilities.
- Smart Lights: Smart lights can be programmed to make your life easier and save you money. You can even set them to mimic the lighting patterns of an inhabited home when you travel.
Whether you own your home or rent, we have you covered with many options. Contact Johns Brothers professionals for a FREE consultation, and we can get started on designing the home security system that is right for your specific needs.