When it comes to protecting your home and family, finding a quality security system installer is an extremely important undertaking. An experienced installer will not only know what products will work best for you, but exactly where to install things such as surveillance cameras, motions detectors, and window and door sensors, as well as smart features you can operate remotely from your phone or tablet. Here are a few tips to help you start your search and find an installer that’s right for you.
- Reputation. When doing an online search for home security system installers, look for a company that has a long history and good reputation based on customer reviews. A well-established company will be able to provide a level of expertise other companies may not possess.
- Options. Stay away from one-size-fits-all kinds of companies that don’t have a variety of packages and options to choose from. Every home and property are unique. The security system you have installed should be just as individualized.
- Monitoring. Installing a security system is just one part of protecting your home. For the best security possible, look for an installer that also offers 24/7 local monitoring that can alert the police or fire department if a problem in your home is detected. When it comes to theft or smoke, fire, or water damage, the sooner the proper authorities are on-site, the more likely your chances of a good outcome.
- Service. Once a system is installed, you still may need preventative services or maintenance on that system or its components. Look for a company that is just as dedicated to following up on the job as they are about installing it in the first place.
- Ask. Reviewing an installation website can provide you with a good measure of what a company can offer and how they can help you. However, some of the best advertising available is what previous customers think of the service they received. Ask your friends, neighbors, and coworkers if they have a security system. If so, find out who installed it and whether they are happy with the results.
Johns Brothers Security has been protecting homes, businesses, and families since 1974. We have a full selection of products we can install and service for you, and we offer 24/7 monitoring. Contact us and let us provide you with secure peace of mind.